Devora Schapiro

Clinical Correlation Final Reflection

From the first to second semester I improved greatly in focusing the question to narrowing a differential diagnosis, I also think I improved in understanding which questions were important depending on the patient presentation. For example, if a patient was presenting after a trauma and needed stabilization, questions about family history could be omitted.

I greatly improved over the course of these two semesters in presenting clinical information to others. I did not present every bit of information I came across but synthesized a presentation with the main points, took notes on extra information, prepared extra information for questions if they came up.

Over the past two semesters I felt that I improved on my ability to collaborate with other clinicians, by working together to come up with a diagnosis, workup and plan, it meant communicating with others, listening to others, and making decisions together. I think that this was difficult in the beginning, but as the semester went on, I improved greatly in how in I communicated with the other students by communicating with them when I had a question, answering when they had questions, and allowing others the chance to speak.

For clinical year I intend to work on putting everything together in a way that will help me come up with the best plan of action. I will continue to work on developing a strong differential diagnosis list. I will continue to build my clinical knowledge base which will help me improve both my diagnostics and treatment plans. I will also focus clinical year on how to talk to emotional patients, how to break bad news.