Devora Schapiro

Obstetrics and Gynecology: Site Visit Summary

I had a great experience with my site evaluations for this rotation. The site evaluator and I met alone over zoom both times. This made the evaluation run more smoothly.

In the first site visit I presented a case of an 18-year-old female presenting to the ED with three weeks of vaginal bleeding status post termination of pregnancy with a rising hcg. This case was interesting because it highlighted the importance of following a beta hcg to zero in such cases. I also presented five pharmacology cards. 

In the second site evaluation I presented a case of a 38-year-old female who presented to the ED with two days of abdominal pain, imaging showed a left tubal ectopic pregnancy with a fetal heart rate present. This case was interesting because it highlighted the difference between surgical and medical management for ectopic pregnancies. I presented a journal article in conjunction with this case. The article looked at pre-covid and during covid treatment of ectopic pregnancy at several London hospitals. At the second site evaluation I presented my final five pharmacology cards.