Devora Schapiro

PANCE preparation plan

I plan to start studying four weeks in advance of the PANCE for five days each week. I will follow the NCCPA blueprint https://www.nccpa.net/become-certified/pance-blueprint/ to guide my studying. For each topic listed I plan to do 100 topic specific questions on either Rosh/Exam Master/Kaplan, and read the explanations. I will then look at the blueprint in more detail and read in PANCE Prep Pearls or Access Medicine any of the topics I did not cover in my questions. 

For example for cardiology I will do 100 cardiology specific questions on Rosh, read its explanations, then look over the blueprint, and realize I did not do any practice questions on heart murmurs, I will then read specifically about heart murmurs.   

I will focus on the bigger topics towards the end of my studying so they are more fresh in my mind as the PANCE nears.

I also plan to do at least two full length practice exams of 300 questions in advance of the PANCE, one in the middle of my studying and one in the week prior to taking the PANCE. 

The week leading up to the PANCE will be topics I struggled on in the previous weeks, topics I didn’t feel I covered completely enough,  and additional full length exams. On the last day of studying I will review topics I feel most confident in to leave with a feeling of confidence prior to the exam. The day before the exam, I will do something I enjoy/rest my mind to be ready for the next day. 

Day12345
Week 1Psychiatry Dermatology Hematologic Genitourinary + reproductive Renal 
Week 2Infectious diseaseNeurological Endocrine ENTFull length practice exam 
Week 3Musculoskeletal GastrointestinalCardiology Pulmonology Full length practice exam 
Week 4topics/examtopic/examtopic/examTopic I am confident inRest